Monday, November 28, 2011

Daily Four

I realized as I have written my blogs that I have written my specific lesson plans for preschool, but have omitted the very important things to do each day.  I'll call them "The Daily Four."  These are important to do everyday to help your child learn.They are:
1.  Review letters of alphabet, both upper and lower.  This may include flashcards, or an Alphabet poster.
2.  Counting to 100 with a poster of numbers to 100.  Point to each number as you say the number.  Have child point to number, too.
3.  Reading easy-reader books.  I make a lot of these as part of my preschool teaching.  Just hold on to them and have your child read them.  I also love BOB books.  I've seen BOB books at Costco for a great price.or you can go to amazon, eBay or your local teacher supply or bookstore.
4.  You read to your child at least FIVE books a day.  Read short books, poetry, holiday books (see my posts for favorite Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas books)

So those are my Daily Four. Make sure you do these in addition to posted lesson plans.  Good luck!
And remember, if you have any questions please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment