Thursday, October 20, 2011

Holiday Books - Halloween

I love books.  I may be obseessed with books.  I don't know. What I do know is that when it comes to books I say, the more the merrier!
Stashed away with my holiday decorations I have holiday books that only come out during the month we celebrate the holiday. So this month I have, next to my fireplace, Halloween books.  I have 30 Halloween books (including the five I bought yesterday).  My kids love this time of year when the holiday books come out. We read them over and over again, knowing that in a few short weeks they're packed up until next year.

To create a library of holiday books I buy from school book orders and the library (that's where the newest five books came from). 

Our favorite Halloween/Autumn Books are:

  • The Stranger by Chris VanAllsburg (Jack frost loses his memory and a kind farmer helps him)
  • The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything and Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White(So cute)
  • The Spooky Smells of Halloween by Mary Man-Kong (scratch and sniff!)
  • The 13 Days of Halloween by Carol Greene (Sing it to the 12 Days of Christmas)
  •  
  • Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson (I think it's my kids' favorite)
  • Five LittlePumpkins (I have a lesson I do with this book as well)
I have books for Thanksgiving and Christmas, too (I also have a few Hannakah books).
I'll write lists of our favorite Thanksgiving and Christmas books in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment