Friday, November 18, 2011

Holiday Books - Thanksgiving

Like Halloween, I collect books for the holiday of Thanksgiving, too. Here are our Thanksgiving books:
  • Over the River and Through the Wood by Lydia Marie Child Illustrated by Christopher Manson - I love the woodcut illustrations!
  • Thanksgiving Wish by Michael Rosen - This book makes me cry every time. If you've lost someone near to you, keep a tissue handy when reading!
  • It's Thanksgiving Day! by Mary Packard - An easy reader about relatives coming over to celebrate
  • Clifford: Giving Thanks by Sarah Fisch - My kids love Clifford (and so do I)
  • A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving by Charles Schulz - I loved watching the holiday special every year so I couldn't resist the book
  • An Outlaw Thanksgiving  by Emily Arnold McCully - What if you spent Thanksgiving with a notorious outlaw? Find out what it was like for Clara (fiction)
  • I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie -  Alison Jackson - Family Favorite
  • A Plump and Perky Turkey - By Teresa Bateman - a fun simple turkey story
  • Three Young Pilgrims  By, Cheryl Hanes - Picture book for older children on life as pilgrim
  • Samuel Eaton's Day: Day in the Life of a Pilgrim Boy by Kate Waters - for older children
  • The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks By Stan and Jan Berenstain - Love those Berenstain Bears
  • The Extra-Thankful Thanksgiving By Kim Watson A book based on the Nickelodeon series by Bill Cosby
  • Turkey Saves the Day By Shelah Canning - My kids like this book

No comments:

Post a Comment