Friday, February 10, 2012

Writing

I have been diligent in having my son follow the writing criteria for the core standards, and he manages to form the letters in his own way to complete the task.  But there's a problem.  He's forming the letters in his own way.  This makes writing more laborious, and more like art, which he hates.  Misery for me.  Misery for him.  I don't believe that misery and education should be simpatico, so until we've learned proper formation of all the letters Writing will be learning proper letter formation.  And so that this won't be boring to him we'll be learning letter formation several ways.  We'll explore the letter formation for 1-2 days, then actually write the letter the third day.  This, I hope, will help get technique down better, and make him a better writer.  Knowing proper letter formation makes for cleaner, neater faster writing.
Teaching for me has always been a work in progress, so while Writing may change, I hope it's a change for the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment